Terms & Conditions
Online short course - Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the training website of Hospitality Institute of Australasia. For the purpose of the Terms and Conditions content Hospitality Institute of Australasia hereafter referred to as "HIA" You must read and accept these Terms and Conditions before enrolling in an online course with Hospitality Institute of Australasia.
Your access to the HIA website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, disclaimers and privacy statement contained in this document. Your use of the HIA website constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions. HIA believes the information in this site is correct and it has reasonable grounds for any opinion, statement or recommendation found within. HIA will endeavour to update the information in this site as soon as practicable after any changes. However, as information can change without notice, it does not guarantee the accuracy of the information. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any of the material on the HIA website.
Refund and Cancellation policy
Please choose carefully as we DO NOT provide refunds for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to: you a refund if you change your mind, choose the wrong product course or unable to complete the course for whatever reason including failing to read the website before enrolling and paying for a course.
You have 4 weeks to complete your course. After that, your course will expire, and you will not be able to access it. You will have to purchase the course again and all progress will be lost. You will not receive a refund if you do not complete the course in that time.
HIA views the protection of your privacy as a vital part of its commitment towards complete accountability and integrity in all its activities and programs.
HIA will collect personal information supplied by you whilst completing this program for the following purposes only:
- For lodgement of your certificate number with the appropriate training body
- So we can contact you for course feedback,
- So we can send you your statement of attainment, and
- For HIA internal marketing information purposes
Disclosure of Personal Information
HIA will take all necessary measures to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information. This personal information will be disclosed as required to the State Government authorised body and to Hospitality Institute Of Australasia Registered Training Organisation (RTO) administration. This information will not be disclosed to any other external agencies unless required or authorised by law.
For students enrolling in the NSW Food Safety Supervisor
I authorise The Daniels Associates of Australasia t/a Hospitality Institute of Australasia to provide my personal information to the NSW Food Authority for the purposes of being issued with a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate upon successfully attaining the required units of competency under the Food Safety Supervisor program. This authorisation is limited to the provision of my name, units attained and date(s) of training. If any information supplied by me may be considered to be untrue or misleading in any respect, I understand that the NSW Food Authority may take such action as it believes necessary, including the disclosure of the information to any person or body the Authority considers has a legitimate interest in receiving it, and I consent to such disclosure.
Correction of Personal Information
CONDITIONS OF USE
Enrolment Form and Payment
To start an online course you must complete the course Payment Section and Enrolment Form and provide payment to HIA. As you will receive confirmation of payment via email. You must provide a valid email address.
Accurate Representation of Self
You agree not to impersonate or represent any other person than the person on the Enrolment Form. All course assessments must be completed by the enrolled customer. Making false or misleading representations that you are another person or character is a criminal offence and can give rise to civil liability.
Username and Password
The username and password will only be issued to the course participant nominated on the Enrolment Form. Under no circumstances can another person activate or use the username and password.
Right of Appeal
Course information is provided on the following basis.
You agree that Hospitality Institute of Australasia will provide the course, including access to the website on the following basis:
To use the HIA website you will need to access the internet, including related equipment, and software.
HIA is not responsible for any problems caused to or by your equipment, including any virus or related problems with your use of the HIA websites. You are responsible for any connecting or accessing fees, and for installing, maintaining, and operating your own equipment. HIA makes no warranties or interpretations that the website(s) contents and course information will meet your requirements.
You acknowledge and agree that all of the intellectual property rights in the HIA website are owned by HIA. Any unauthorised copying, reproduction, communication or translation of the HIA website may infringe HIA intellectual property rights and may result in liability.
Links from HIA websites to other websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by HIA of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites.
The HIA website and all material within, are provided on an as is basis without any warranties of any kind. Except as provided by the prescribed terms, all warranties either express or implied by law, in any way relating to the website or its materials, are excluded. In addition HIA does not warrant that the website will operate error free or that this website and its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful goods. If you experience any damage or liability through the use of the HIA website or the materials therein, HIA will not be responsible for the costs relating to repair, servicing or any other associated costs.
You indemnify, defend and hold harmless, HIA and its directors, agents & employees, with respect to any claim, demand, cause of action, liability, loss, damage, expense (including legal fees) and cost incurred by you or a third party as a result of any error in any information, opinion or recommendation in this site.
Qualification terms and conditions
Enrollment Form and Payment
To enrol in an online qualification, the student must:
- Complete the enrollment form in its entirety.
- Agree to these terms and conditions which include HIA’s refund policy.
- Complete the payment options section.
- Complete the subject selection.
- Sign and return the enrollment form.
- Enrollment will not be considered complete until this form is signed and returned.
Accurate Representation of Self
- A student agrees not to impersonate or represent any other person than the person on the Enrollment Form.
- All course assessments must be completed by the enrolled student.
- Making false or misleading representations that you are another person or character is a criminal offence and can give rise to civil liability.
- A student must provide a copy of photographic identification with your enrollment form.
Course Enrollment & Commencement Date
- Course enrollment is complete when the student has been issued a username and password for online course access.
- The username and password will only be issued to the course participant nominated on the Enrollment Form. Under no circumstances can another person activate or use the username and password.
- HIA and the student will agree on a date for online course access. This date will be known as the agreed course commencement date. This date must be within 10 days receiving the completed enrollment form.
- A student will be deemed to have commenced their course on the agreed commencement date.
- Course duration is effective from the agreed course commencement date.
- Login access to available units will be active as at the agreed course commencement date.
- Students are entitled to a five (5) day orientation period. The orientation period commences on the agreed course commencement date.
- The Course is non-transferable once the student has commenced.
Course Extension Policy
- The duration of the qualification is stated in the HIA course description and is stated on this enrollment agreement.
- If a student wishes to continue with a Course beyond the expiry date, application for a course extension must be made in writing to HIA and received 14 days prior to expiry date.
- HIA will not be obliged under any circumstances to extend the period of a student's enrollment if the student has not completed the qualification in the allocated time.
- Once the allocated time for a given qualification has ended, the student will no longer be provided with access to the course material, course assessment and unlimited trainer support.
- In most instances, HIA may arrange a course extension for a student at an additional fee of $280 for a three month extension and $500 for a six month extension.
- In some circumstances, a student may wish to place their course on hold due to extended holidays or unforeseen events which do not allow continued study. Students should contact HIA Student Support to request their course be placed on hold for a period time which is not to exceed six months.
- Unless otherwise stated in the HIA qualification description, course materials are supplied in an online environment.
- Once enrollment has ended, access is denied. Therefore it is the student's responsibility to save and/or copy content as required for reference purposes.
- The content of the online Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of HIA. You may not reproduce any part of the online Course Materials without the prior written consent of HIA.
Upon receipt of the Course Fee as determined in the qualification enrollment agreement, HIA agrees to:
- provide a tax invoice;
- provide login details to access the online Course Materials and assessments;
- mark and provide feedback on submitted assessment tasks ;
- provide trainer support throughout my enrollment; and
- issue a Certificate or Statement of Attainment/s upon satisfactory completion of the qualification.
Confidentiality and Privacy
We will keep any information (including your account details) in your direct debit request confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
The HIA Student Handbook is available for download from the HIA website. When a student enrols in an online qualification, it is their responsibility to ensure they read and understand the HIA Student Handbook prior to enrollment.
HIA may revise the Student Handbook, Policy Documents and any terms and conditions contained in this agreement, at any time in our sole discretion. Any such revisions will be available from our website.
Right of Appeal
Participants have the right to request an independent assessment from another RTO at their own cost if they remain dissatisfied with the HIA assessment.
Reassessment of withdrawn candidates
If a long period of time has passed since completing any earlier modules, an applicant who withdrew, and wishes to now complete the course or program may be required to undergo assessment again against the earlier course competencies, to ensure knowledge and skill levels remain current. The assessment will be at the applicant's cost.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
Cancellation before Commencement
- A student may withdraw from a course before the commencement date of the course.
- A full refund of the fees will be made,
- Withdrawal must be made in writing to HIA and be received by HIA within the 5 day orientation period.
- Failure to provide written notice of withdrawal within the 5 day period, will result in all course fees being due as per payment plan.
Cancellation during the Orientation Period
- A student may withdraw from a course anytime during the 5 day orientation period.
- A full refund of the fees will be made.
- If a student accesses more than 4 units during the orientation period, they will NOT be entitled to a refund.
- If a student has saved assessments to any subject, they will NOT be entitled to a refund.
- Statement of Attainment/s will not be issued for any subjects completed.
Cancellation after Commencement and Orientation
- Students who cancel after the orientation period WILL NOT be entitled to a refund.
- All outstanding fees, including any that are due under a payment plan, must be paid.
- Withdrawal from a course or module without giving written notice in advance to HIA will result in automatic forfeit of all fees paid to date.
- Statement of Attainment/s will be issued for any units that have been satisfactorily completed.
Withdrawal due to illness or hardship
In the case of a student who withdraws from a course or program due to illness or extreme hardship, HIA may, at its discretion, allow a refund of the fees. The following conditions apply:
- The person concerned must produce satisfactory evidence of the circumstances of his/her withdrawal, such as medical certificates.
- A cancellation fee of 25% of full course fees will be withheld;
- Withdrawal must take place prior to the expiration of the course; and
- If a refund has been issued a Statement of Attainment will NOT be granted for any units .
Cancellation of course or program by HIA
Should HIA cancel a course for any reason, students enrolled at the time HIA announces the cancellation will be entitled to a full refund, and this will incur no administrative charges or penalties. A Statement of Attainment will be issued for those subjects in which the student was assessed as competent.
Withdrawal due to unavailable units
Should HIA be unable to provide a unit to meet the student's course completion schedule, the following will apply:
Course Fees paid will be refunded in full, and
No Statement of Attainment will be issued on any unit,
Course fees paid on any unavailable unit/s will be refunded, and
Statement of Attainment will be issued for satisfactorily completed units.